Sunday, September 6, 2009

The friendly stranger

I would like to know how many people cuddle with members of the opposite sex, if they are not in a sexual relationship with that other person, and have no desire to be. In other words, do you, or have you, engaged in a "friendly cuddle" with someone of the opposite sex, with no expectations of, desires of, or attempts at sexual advances by you or the other person, there being just the two of you in the house?

I'm not going to explore the idea of cuddling with members of the same sex, as that's a different issue.

In other words, if you went over to an acquaintance's home, and that person said, "how's about we cuddle up on the bed together?", would you be shocked and surprised if the person hit on you?

I sure as hell wouldn't. In fact, the idea that the person wanted to hit on me would be the first thing that popped into my head. Especially to suggest cuddling on a bed; going to bed has got to be the biggest and well known euphemism for sex that yet exists, at least in western culture. Anytime the opposite sex suggests an activity which involves close bodily contact, you can bet that sex/sexual activities has crossed their minds. Twister, anyone?

How many guys (with no "game") have offered "massages" to girls just for the chance to touch them in a seemingly innocent way? How many girls have used the "I'm cold" excuse to snuggle up to a guy they like?

If I have no interest in a person, I'm not going to snuggle up with them unless we are lost in winter and will otherwise freeze to death, even if we're good friends. So, I'd like to know if I'm in the minority here, and will give you a set situation to gauge your comfort level.

By cuddle, I mean lying on a bed together close enough for you to have body contact covering most of the side that faces your fellow cuddler.

Would you cuddle with someone you weren't interested in?
How well would you have to know the person in question before you would do it?
What if you only knew them from the internet, for any length of time, and met them in person once or twice?

I wouldn't do it. Would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment